Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Headphone jack playing up

• Please log in to reply

Sking0

Sking0

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Windows 7 64 bit. AMD Phenom quad core. Msi R6870 vid card.

Hi. Just recently i only get sound from one side side of my headphones. I am using the front jack port. If i pull the green jack out of the port about a quarter of an inch it seems to be ok although the maximum volume seems to have dropped. I thought it might be the headphones so i tried my daughters headphones in my pc, they did the same thing. I tried plugging it into the port on the back of the tower and it does the same thing. The speakers are plugged into the back port usually and i have no issues with the speakers (Logitech X530 5.1).
Any ideas please? Oh and i have Realtek for my Audio. When i look in Realtek audio manager, the front pink and green ports are greyed out even though i have both the mic and headphones plugged in and i am getting some sound.

Edited by Sking0, 18 May 2013 - 04:05 AM.

Advertisements

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
I just found this in device manager and i have never seen it before........ Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface This device cannot start. (Code 10)
We recently went fibre Optic. I have no idea if this has anything to do with my issue but on some sites i saw something about sound audio drivers in a post about the above mentioned Teredo thing. :confused:

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Also, i just plugged headphones into the jack on one of the Logitech speakers and they work ok fully pushed in on that.