Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Gaming PC build - will it work?

• Please log in to reply

dcjctcac

dcjctcac

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm thinking of building my own gaming PC, and I am on a reasonably tight budget (around £300).

I have a laptop that is starting to show signs of wear, (HHD occasionally won't start up, sometimes loses wireless etc.). However it has an intel i5 processor, which I would quite like to re-use in my PC as it would give me a much better processor than I could normally afford, and would allow me to invest in other parts. Is this possible?

Here is the list of parts I plan to use: http://www.amazon.co...?ie=UTF8&lm_bb=

Are these parts compatible? Would I be limited in upgrades in the future to just intel? Roughly what quality of gaming can I expect from this?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a bit of a N00b, and want to be sure about the build before sinking £300 into it.

Thanks.

Edit: I forgot an optical drive, this one seems fine:

http://www.amazon.co...ical drive SATA

and I have a USB network adapter so hopefully there's no need for a network card etc.

Edited by dcjctcac, 19 May 2013 - 08:40 AM.

Advertisements

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
In your list the CPU is socket 1156 and the mobo is socket 1155 so no, they won't work.

dcjctcac

dcjctcac

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks.