Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why so Slow DL?

• Please log in to reply

Achio

Achio

• Pip
  • 7 posts
For approximately a week my Downloading speed has been way down the ordinary, canīt DL faster than 90 Kib/s. Before this i had a high DL speed (T1) maybe 2-400KiB/s.
I first noticed it in DC++, but now iīve noticed that i canīt DL faster than that from any DL page. In the beginning of the DL i can get speeds up to 300KiB/s but seconds later it dercreases to 90KiB/s. If i try to DL 2 things at the same time (using DC++) i get even lower DL speed

You might have any idea what the problem is?

Thx in Advance /Achio

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Has your ISP got a download limit or a policy of slowing down big downloaders

Achio

Achio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, i think so but not sure. If we have it do you think a game like World of Warcraft could exceed that limit?
We dont DL so much other stuff, only a few movies or series a week.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I would e-mail their tech support to ask if there is a problem with their end, I would also e-mail their customer services to ask for a guide as to whether they impose a limit on online session duration as well as bandwidth limits. They will tell you if your present use is within the limits

Has the modem got a reset button, or can you pull the connection to the PC and reinsert it