Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gateway ms2285 dont turn on

• Please log in to reply

reylatino99

reylatino99

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have à gateway MS2285, when i turn the on the fan start but There nothing on my screen. I took off battery, i remove memory, HD. When i turn it on with out those devices There no bip, i notices There no light on the display panel (vol, mobile option etc). Any one can let me know what i can do for this

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: reylatino99

How old is the notebook.
Is the notebook still covered by a warranty.

when i turn the on the fan start but There nothing on my screen.

Have you tried connecting the notebook to an external display by way of the VGA port.

I took off battery, i remove memory, HD. When i turn it on with out those devices There no bip,

When the notebook was functioning correctly did you normally hear a single beep when the computer booted up successfully.

There no light on the display panel (vol, mobile option etc).

Is this the same when the battery is in place and the AC adaptor is connected and turned on at the wall socket.

Does the AC adapter have an LED on it that normally illuminates when it is being powered from the wall socket.

reylatino99

reylatino99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Laptop is 3 years old.
I try to connect to à external screen via vga and nothing.
There was never à single sound when it boot successfully.
When the battent is in place and not connected to the wall socket There no light on
And the Ac adapter has à Led and is on when is connected to the wall socket

reylatino99

reylatino99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I removed memory and try one by one on first slot but i dont hear à beep. Évén if i try to open the Pc with out memory HD There no beep. It can be the motherboard?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Laptop is 3 years old.

Unlikely that there is any warranty then unless extended cover has been taken out.

I try to connect to à external screen via vga and nothing.

A failed video chip or CPU could cause this but as you are not getting any power lights on the notebook itself but the cooling fan can be heard working you may have a system short circuit.

There was never à single sound when it boot successfully.

This suggests that there is no BIOS error speaker attached to the MB and so you will not get any error beeps when you have removed the Ram or HDD.

When the battent is in place and not connected to the wall socket There no light on
And the Ac adapter has à Led and is on when is connected to the wall socket

This again may suggest a system short.

A common cause of system shorts in notebooks is a loose or detached DC power jack port, have you checked the DC power jack port on your notebook for signs of damage or movement.

Should it be needed a step by step tutorial to replace the DC power jack http://www.insidemyl...fix-power-jack/

reylatino99

reylatino99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Power jack, is replaced the lantop managed to turn on once with a external screen via VGA. When I turn off labtop, now is not turning on. The samme issue. There no more warranty on it. I don' t know if is worth repairing it? Any suggestions?

reylatino99

reylatino99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Btw thanks for all ur help phillpower2.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the update reylatino99, sorry to hear that it is not better news though.

Can I ask why the notebook was turned on connected to an external display - was the notebooks own screen black/not working.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup: