Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7Pro Boot Manager File: Boot\BCD Status: OxcOOOOOOd

• Please log in to reply

Deaf4Life

Deaf4Life

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell Vostro 3750 with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. It has worked well for about 1 1/2 years. Now when I turn it on, the initial Vostro screen opens briefly, then the Windows Boot Manager screen appears.

It says Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information. To fix the problem:

1) Insert your Windows Installation disc and restart your computer
2) Choose your language setting, and then click "next."
3) Click "Repair your computer."

The Vostro came with a Dell Reinstallation DVD for Windows 7 professional SP1, 64 bit.
When I insert the DVD and restart the laptop, the initial Vostro screen opens briefly, then the same Windows Boot Manager screen appears again.

How can I fix the laptop so I can use it again? Thank you

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks To Go.

Try continually tapping F2 immediately on boot up to get into the bios and change the boot order to cdrom as first boot option, save the changes by pressing F10 and exit the bios.

Put the disk in and reboot.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO. The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.

You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.
  • Download and run Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3
  • Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
  • Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
  • Select your USB flash drive
  • Click Create
For techies or folks who work on computers:
Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

Once you have that you can boot it and try the Repair.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I reckon Deaf4Life has a disk by this comment Ztruker.

The Vostro came with a Dell Reinstallation DVD for Windows 7 professional SP1, 64 bit.

Deaf4Life

Deaf4Life

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Your suggestion worked! Thank you!!!