Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP ME PLEASE REMOVE BITZIPPER

• Please log in to reply

Tamara1

Tamara1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Daughter wanted to watch a movie on my computer , off of her brother's computer downstairs. He compressed the movie (have no idea what I am talking about) into a RAR file and she could not open the file off the DVD he burned for her. So it asked her on the refusal to open page, that she go to any of the following links to download the program that could open RAR files.

:help: She thought it was a Microsoft recommendation and unfortunately downloaded Bitzipper. Now we have Strong vault, Yahoo toolbar and bit zipper who refuses to be deleted off my computer and I work from home on computer. "please" I have so little experience with tech and can not at present afford to take it in, can someone help me remove this program so called free trial offer from Bitzipper? :wub: :upset: :wacko:

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What happens when you try to uninstall it from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel? What error message do you get?

You should also be able to uninstall Strong Vault and Yahoo Toolbar from there.