1. Windows7 / 64 bit / IE9 I think / ISP Comcast.
2. I clicked on Home Network in order to share my printer with daughters Windows 8 laptop.
3. Then I noticed that computers had to be the same OS & there was no way to cancel it.
4. So I went to "System Restore" & selected a previous date. Said restore point completed.
5. I went to my email "Outlook" & it was fine & mail coming into inbox just fine. Then I noticed my problem....
6. When I clicked on Google or Comcast or Facebook or anything on the internet....None of the webpages would open!!! Said "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Nothing else seems to be wrong but internet won't open webpages. I then went back to "System Restore" & clicked "Undo". It put computer back to today, but still no internet to open webpages & I'm still receiving my mail in my "Outlook" inbox just like always.
7. I called Comcast & they said "I was connected! Comcast has an "Easy Solve" so I did that which told me how to reset the modem. I did, but still can't view webpages even though the icon on the lower right of my computer says "I am connected to Internet".
I've tried all the simple diagnostics that I felt comfortable doing. On one Diagnostic that I ran said that Norton installation had failed. I have Norton that is a complementary download from Comcast that was downloaded a year ago. Seems strange, but would that cause the internet not to open webpages???
I'm far from being a techy person so simple instructions appreciated. I don't know what else to try. Thanks in advance, for any suggestions!!