Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Navman starts IE instead of Chrome?

• Please log in to reply

ding dong

ding dong

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Got hold of a new Navigation device and when you go through it to do updates etc, it doesn't use my default browser Google Chrome but it uses IE and its slow and looks weird with all my old folders on it.

Whats happening?

You can see a snap of what it looks like here:

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

Advertisements

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
I suppose none has the answer to this then.

Can I then ask what is wrong with my IE when i click on it to start it up, its really slow and sometimes freezes - its been like that for a while now and thats why i went with chrome.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Not sure what navman is but lets see if IE can run properly without addons. If it runs ok, then you have an addon or toolbar that is causing the problem.

To launch Internet Explorer in No Add-ons mode, go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools and open Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
It took ages to load and then said this:

"Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons
All Internet Explorer add-ons, such as ActiveX controls or toolbars, are turned off. Some webpages might not display correctly.
To continue to your home page, click the Home button.
To browse using add-ons, close Internet Explorer and then start it again.
Check for the latest Windows updates.How do browser add-ons affect my browsing experience?"

Not sure what the result was supposed to be but its still looks outdated or something.