Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem ROOT/HIKEY_SPLDR/0000

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Run FRST as you did before.

Type the following in the edit box on FRST, after "Search:".

software;system

It then should look like:

Search: software;system

Click Search button and post the log (Search.txt) it makes next to FRST in your next reply.

Advertisements

marycon1

marycon1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
You are not going to beleive this. But I managed to fix computer with a very simple fix. I just wish I would have done this fix with my deskyop before I dell sysyem restore back to factory state, which made me unble to access the internet or anthing for that matter. The way I got my computer, windows 7 laptop 64 bit, to stop running only in safemode with networking. I was looking for options I might have missed, clicked on the start button, then clicked more options on down the list after accessories I saw security and protection, clicked that then I saw HP recovery manager, clicked that and my computer is back to nornal, If you are getting other people complaining about the root/hickey__spldr/0000 maybe it might work for them also. It does restore computer to factory state so now I have to redo everthing, but I sure do not mind that. First I am going to get a good security protector. I was thinking of microsoft secuity and protection. I need a free one. Any suggestions? I will download that one until I hear back. I sure want to thaNK YOU FOR YOUR HELP now maybe by me telling you this i can help you. waiting to hear back mary.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good program.

I am glad you had the issue resolved.

Be safe. :)

marycon1

marycon1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for letting me know about security essintials. I will download. I am goihg to go to forums to let individuals with same problem I had to lo let them know how I fived mine. My desktop went to safmode two years ago. then I believe the laptop got the same problem from my desktop. I had saw there were many people with same problem. Hopefuully I can help some people to. thanks for all yhe help. I now have your site in my favorites

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Well, what you did was a Recovery to Factory Settings. Not too many people will appreciate losing their data.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.