Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Automatically correcting spelling software is driving me mad!

• Please log in to reply

RiverSalmon

RiverSalmon

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello

I mean Ive got no idea which program is doing the damage but what I do know is that its automatically correcting my words to spanish in IE, power point, snagit and many other programs, I mean its not just a Microsoft thing. Its driving me up the Wall and making me want to kill someone. Ive got no idea what program it is, if its malware (already passed ccleaner) or whats the responsable but this is how I see most of my typing in Windows 7

Posted Image

I'll be happy to provide any info needed

Edited by RiverSalmon, 29 May 2013 - 11:25 PM.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Are you sure that you don't have any obscure dictionary add ons in IE River Salmon?

Read this to find out.

http://support.micro....com/kb/2764916

RiverSalmon

RiverSalmon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
thanks wolfey, but I get the same annoyance in many other programs outside IE, even some non Microsoft related like snagit

the day I find out what program it is and what person its responsible Im going to send my army of living dolls to slowly torture that person. That or I'll build a super weapon, fly a space ship and from afar obliterate earth. I really dont care about the billions of innocent killed, I just think that whoever is the creator of this program is the worst person whos ever lived, and probably taught genghis khan how to torture Little children

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday RiverSalmon.
Now lets not get carried away, a kipper under the carpet in their car would be a just punishment.
To build a profile of your computer including what hardware and software, use > http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html.
Please use IE for best download results.
Let us know what it finds.

RiverSalmon

RiverSalmon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok, Im attaching the file, hope thats the right protocol to follow in this fórum

cheers for any help

EDIT: didnt let me upload the HTML file, what format should I use?

Edited by RiverSalmon, 30 May 2013 - 03:18 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Tried everything, unable to upland HTML coded files.
Revo uninstaller shows all programs on the computer,
Download the free version, install, when it starts, go > Options, > tick Advanced Mode, Untick, check for updates. > click Uninstaller, > tick, > show system components Make system restore point. delete files to recycle. > click OK.

Take a screen shot of the files showing, then scroll up and take another screen shot then again if you have not got them all. Please post them in your next reply.

To capture and post a screenshot; instructions, Thanks to Phillpower2.Posted Image

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot/s. select it/them and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

> http://www.revounins...e_download.html

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the "how to".

RiverSalmon

RiverSalmon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
thanks, here it is, click on the thumbnail

Posted Image

Edited by RiverSalmon, 31 May 2013 - 02:15 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
looks like you have downloaded the Pro version, which I do not have.
Please run again and take shots of the main screen, Details View.

Then click on the autorun manager tab and post screen shots.

thanks.

RiverSalmon

RiverSalmon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ive downloaded the free versión, for sure

in the about section says its freeware

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Sorry, my mistake.
When Revo start, on the top tool bar, click the down arrow on view, select details.
Please post screen shots.

RiverSalmon

RiverSalmon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
its one massive capture

Posted Image

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
That is a long list, can't pick a specific program that would cause the problem.
Run Revo again, go > tools, then on the left, click Autoruns.
If you have a lot of items, take one screen shot then scroll up and take another.
Please add to your next reply.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts
Hi,

My best bet it's for Loquendo TTS 7 Spanish you have several programs by Loquendo installed...
http://www.loquendo....ctive-tts-demo/

RiverSalmon

RiverSalmon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

That is a long list, can't pick a specific program that would cause the problem.
Run Revo again, go > tools, then on the left, click Autoruns.
If you have a lot of items, take one screen shot then scroll up and take another.
Please add to your next reply.

Posted Image

Hi,

My best bet it's for Loquendo TTS 7 Spanish you have several programs by Loquendo installed...
http://www.loquendo....ctive-tts-demo/

thanks for the answer but no, I installed loquendo a few days ago, this has been happening for months

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
I would like to norrow down the possible suspect program list. You said the problem has been for a couple of months.
SIW, > installed programs, > Column header, > Installs.... > click a couple of time to sort by date.
Select programs from the middle of April and please post in your next reply.

This a long shot.

Check the setting for your keyboard,
Check your region, language and language setting.
I don't use Microsoft Office, but there may be similar options/preferences for languages.
Look in the browsers you use, any strange extensions, plug ins, search engines, toolbars?