Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New problem

• Please log in to reply

grim4o4

grim4o4

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I've figured out how to solve my previous problem of windows not being able to find my secondary drive. However, now windows is not allowing me to convert unallocated space into a logical drive so windows can recognize it and I can get my files back. The error message I get is "The disk configuation operation did not complete. Check the System Event Log for more information on the error. Verify the status of your storage decives before retrying. If that does not solve the problem, close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer." I've tried restarting Disk Management and my computer several times but to no avail. I've unplugged my drive and replugged it, still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I managed to convert part of the unallocated space into a logical drive and an extended partition. Now I want to delete it so I can format the whole drive into a logical drive so, as I stated previously, windows can recognize my drive and I can use Norton Goback to retrieve my files. The error message on this is the same as the previous "The disk configuation operation did not complete. Check the System Event Log for more information on the error. Verify the status of your storage decives before retrying. If that does not solve the problem, close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer." I think it's basically the same problem now that I think of it, but if it isn't it would be greatly appreicated if someone could tell me how to solve this problem as well

Advertisements