Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which Add-On in Firefox shoudl I disable or update

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Below is a screen capture of my current Firefox browser Add-Ons. When I checked to see if they were up-to-date, it indicated that the Quicktime Plug-in 6.4, Shockwave for Director and Adobe Acrobat were outdated. Should I update these? Should any of the plug-ins that are enabled be disabled? I have been experiencing jerky mouse cursor movement on some Web sites. My OS is Windows 7, 64 bit.

Attached Thumbnails

• Add-Ons in Firefox.jpg

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi debodun,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Update Checker is a great little program that will audit your system in search of software that needs updating then provides a legit link so you can update the software. It will also notify you when an update is available.

I had uninstalled Java some time ago and have yet found a need for it. I see you have yours disabled. Good choice! Here's a good read concerning the vulnerabilities that Java poses.

Java Zero-Day (Again), Time To Disable/Remove Java

Donna :)

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Yes, I disabled Java a few months ago when I heard there was a vulnerability in it. So you don't see anything that really needs to be disabled or updated?

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
No I don't. Did you install the Update Checker? If any software on your computer is outdated Update Checker will find it. There are other programs that will do the same, though this is the one that I am most familiar with.

:)