Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ram not Preforming?

• Please log in to reply

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi Guys, magnetmagmaa here thanks for any help in advance.
I thought it would be better to create a new post as this is only about my ram.
I have run a 3Dmark Vantage test and in the information at the end it says that my ram is running at 800 Mhz and it is 2133 Mhz ram the product description from the site I bought it from says "Patriot Memory’s Viper 3 Series will be offered at speeds from 1600MHz up to 2133MHz"
am I being stupid or doesnt something not add up here? I have 16gb ram 4x4 modules.
I have a MSI 990Fxa GD-80 motherboard which says "4x DIMMs with support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 up to 16GB MAX"

So im a bit confused! Solutions?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello magnetmagmaa

Sometimes the speed of the Ram is not automatically configured by the MB, this can happen if the "Auto Detect" feature is not enabled in the BIOS so you need to check this out first.

From the MBs user manual;

DDR3 2133 *(OC)/ 1800 *(OC)/ 1600 *(OC)/ 1333/ 1066 SDRAM (total 32 GB Max)
4 DDR3 DIMMs, supports Dual-Channel mode
You will note that Ram faster than 1333 must be overclocked, see 3-12 of the MBs user manual http://www.msi.com/s...nual-16832.html

This means that if you want the Ram to run at 1600Mhz for example you will have to manually change the settings in the BIOS as detailed in the MBs user manual.