Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I Have Really Put My Foot In It...Oh, oh!

• Please log in to reply

disberg

disberg

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Reading up on how all the different viewers of the Internet have changed the whole profile of website, especially if they want to be seen by hand-helds etc, it seemed time to upgrade my website. It was initially made with FrontPage.

Took a course on html/xhtml, ccs1 and ccs2 and discovered there is still a whack to learn but thought for expediency sake use a template offered by the same source as the course to get everything going. Made the new website with handcoding and css. It is supposed to be xhtml but when I try to validate there are 17 errors for that mode but it shows only 2 errors for html 5.0. Not sure how that happened.

With this format, all the new webpages have their own folder and then the content is index.html
New pages are not recognized as part of the domain. They will only come up if the absolute URL is used.

Redirect: # -FrontPage-
<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthUserFile /home/***/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/***/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp
AuthName disbergsdepot.com
IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

Uploaded the new pages and now am looking at the following issues:

Images do not display.
Links to directories do not display - Associated, Link & Old (the Blog is a direct link so was not changed, just carried forward)

I am not seeing something or thinking something.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Darlene

P.S. Also what do you think about creating and index file for every folder?

Advertisements