Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware failure?

• Please log in to reply

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
This would probably help.. After the clean installation of my windows, Ive had some problems.
When I was trying to install my laptop's utilities and drivers like the Intel Chip and VGA and Nvidia VGA.
I've had several Blue screens just when installing those, so I had to try and reinstalling them again.

What do you think caused it?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Try uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling them in the following order;

1. Your Windows Operating System (Done)

2. Run Windows Update to install the latest service packs and any other patches.

3. Motherboard or the Chipset – Helps Windows control system board components and controllers.

4. Video Adapter – Enhances video performance.

5. Network Interface Card (NIC) – Enhances the network controller for Internet or network access.

6. Audio Adapter – Enables and enhances the audio controller.

7. Wireless Network Card or LAN Adapter – Enables and enhances the wireless network controller.

8. Touchpad, Mice, and Keyboards – Enhances the pointing device features.

9. Bluetooth Module.

10. Any other hardware device drivers not listed above.

Always remember to reboot your computer after installing the drivers.

After reinstalling Microsoft Windows you should follow the order listed above when reinstalling drivers unless your computer documentation states otherwise. This order is recommended by Intel and Dell for example and you should print this list for reference when installing drivers.

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi phil. Thanks for the reply :)
I tried to do it as followed but its still doing the same thing.
I hope its not my motherboard :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Hi Gamachan

Can I ask if the computer has been this way from the first time you booted it up.

Just to reiterate what I said earlier, I do not feel that you have any flaky hardware but I do understand your concerns if the computer has started this behavior out of the blue.

Lets see what the MS performance index reports;

Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Performance Information and Tools, and then, in the list of results, click Performance Information and Tools.

View the Windows Experience Index base score and subscores for your computer. If you recently upgraded your hardware and want to find out if your score has changed, click Re-run the assessment. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. If you don't see subscores and a base score, click Rate this computer. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation (details provided courtesy of Microsoft).

Once you have done this and provided an update we will return to the Autoruns log as you have a lot of items that can be unchecked so that they do not run when Windows first starts.

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
HI sorry for the late reply, I screenshot the result of the assessment.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Edited by Gamachan, 13 June 2013 - 02:15 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Thanks for the screenshot :thumbsup:

Can I ask if the computer has been this way from the first time you booted it up.

No shocks with the index report as notebook GPUs are never as high in the index as desktop video cards, as an asides is your GPU Direct X 11 capable http://www.microsoft...aylang=en&id=35

A tutorial to help you with Autoruns http://www.afterdawn..._in_windows.cfm
Please note that I am not suggesting that you use any other product or service that may be offered at the link.

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Yeah I has been like that everytime I do complete shutdown then turn it back on. Thats when it pauses, it doesn't pause when restarting only.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Yeah I has been like that everytime I do complete shutdown then turn it back on. Thats when it pauses, it doesn't pause when restarting only.

First of all I apologise for not asking this question when I replied to your OP :blush:
We have checked and your computer has shown no apparent issues, there is a strong possibility that the pause that you are encountering is caused by the introduction of the iBuypower.com information that has been included in your start up process, this can be resolved here, if however the BIOS chip has been re-mapped by iBuypower.com so that it includes their logo on start up you will need to contact their customer services department to discuss the matter.

Just a FYI, some HDDs are naturally more efficient when they are at their normal operating temperature and this may explain why the pause is not present after a restart, I still do not feel that your computer hardware is misbehaving BTW :thumbsup:

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Lol Its fine.

Yeah, i agree with you about the HDD because everything runs perfectly fine.
Maybe you are right about the BIOS. Anything I should do about the BIOS before I try to contact them?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
There is nothing that you can do yourself with the BIOS as it is a specialized area which needs BIOS experts and equipment.

The start up process you can look into yourself, create a new restore point, Run Autoruns (be sure that you select the Hide Microsoft and Windows Entries) disable but do not delete entries that you do not want to run on start up Adobe, games, HP updater and Skype for example, if you are unsure of an entry leave well alone.

Items that should be left enabled include dlls and anything related to the computers hardware, refer to the tutorial that I have provided before you start http://www.afterdawn..._in_windows.cfm

Advertisements

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi Phil sorry was busy, Im not really sure what to disable or delete.
I know its too much to ask but could you put some marks or like little dots on the
pictures of my autorun programs that i need to get rid off?

I really appreciate your help! Thx again!

Attached Thumbnails

• autorun 1.PNG
  • autorun 2.PNG
  • autorun 3.PNG
  • autorun 4.PNG
  • autorun 5.PNG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
No worries Gamachan we all have other things going on :thumbsup:

I will be happy to help with the Autoruns but to make life easier for both of us can you do as asked earlier which was

Run Autoruns (be sure that you select the Hide Microsoft and Windows Entries)

post the fresh results for us please.

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sorry about the late reply :(
Too much stuff going on lol...

Here is the new result

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
No problem as I have not been on line as much as normal in any event :thumbsup:

Autoruns are not too bad with only a couple you can do with disabling, create a restore point as you would normally and you can then uncheck the following in Autoruns;
Adobe flash/updater
HP updater
HP customer participation
WinRAR
Skype/update

If for some reason you would like to leave one or more of the above enabled it will make little to no difference on the performance gain.

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi, I disabled all the programs that you said. Its still the same.

It's ok though, I would just contact iBuypower to see what they can do about it :D

Sorry for all the trouble and I really appreciate that you are helping me with my complicated problem lol...