Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware failure?

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Thanks for the update Gamachan :thumbsup:

Please let us know how you get on with iBuypower.

No apology is necessary as you have been a pleasure to work with and I would like to thank you for your kind words :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
sure thing! I just sent them an email.

Hope they respond quick lol

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Good luck :thumbsup:

Gamachan

Gamachan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello Phil!

Ive got a reply from iBuypower. Here's what the guy replied.

"iBUYPOWER Support Team <[email protected]>

It sounds like there may be an issue with the hard drive, but first lets verify this. Is there any other external devices connected to your laptop via USB? If so, can I have you remove them and then restart your system? If there is nothing connected, then it's very likely that the hard drive may be going bad. Can you get into the Windows desktop? If so, I do recommend backing up your data, just in case. We would need to swap out the hard drive. Are you comfortable in replacing the part(s) yourself or would you have to send it in to have it replaced by us?"

So I tried removing all my stuff that connected to my laptop. One by one i tried them if its gonna do it when I shutdown then go back.
Guess what.... it was the headset that's making my laptop do it... lol!

So maybe in the future whoever has a problem like this, you could help them easy lol...

Thanks again Phil you are awesome :D!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Thanks for the follow up Gamachan :thumbsup:

Thank you also for sharing how the issue was resolved so that the information may possibly help others with the same or a similar issue.

This is a new one on me but one that I will not forget in a hurry, hopefully you will have no further issues but we do still see you visiting GTG, it has been a pleasure to work with you BTW :thumbsup: