Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having issue extracting zip files

• Please log in to reply

Rae_kelso

Rae_kelso

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone !

I have windows 7

I am having issues trying to extract a folder that I need to add to my I tunes. I use to have no issue at all with this just the simple click of the mouse and extract all yada yada yada.... Somehow now when I go to my file that I Downloaded from drop box I do the right click and the extract tab is nowhere to be found. I have no clue what is going on and it is getting me upset since I have been trying to do this for a few days now. I am not sure if my 2 year changed the settings on my computer or his the boyfriend did something since he is always playing game on my computer. but here is some info I can share

The folder is being downloaded from Drop box it also has music that I need to add to ITunes,
It also has changed it's icon from (icons) iTunes, movie window maker7, windows media player, internet explore.. But never the icon of a folder with the zipper...

If anyone can help me or if anyone need more info please let me know.
this music is being used for a slide show for a family event this summer.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You are the 2nd person I know of that is having problems downloading from Dropbox.
What browser are you using to do the download with, IE, Firefox, Chrome, ????? Try a different one.

Boot to Safe Mode with Networking and try downloading it from there.

How big is the file? If you provide a link to the folder (if it's Public) I can try downloading and unzipping it to see if it works for me. If yes I can upload it to my Dropbox public area and you can try downloading from there.

You could also try downloading and unzipping on a different computer and if that works copy the results to a flash drive of burn to CD/DVD.