Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Laptop - Screen is a mess

• Please log in to reply

Schnell

Schnell

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello there, look I'm having this trouble with my HP Pavilion DV6000/6500, the screen is now unreadable! I mean the update rate of the screen is like 0.7 FPS on 90% of the screen, but at the top (The remaining 10%) the screen is ok.

This began with only 15% damaged of the lower zone of the screen. But 2 or 3 months ago the damaged zone extended to 90% of the screen, I tried opening the case searching for damaged hardware but I couldn't find nothing burned or not correctly plugged in. What do you think is causing this? [see_attachment]

Didn't know where to post this so I did it here.

Attached Files

Edited by Schnell, 05 June 2013 - 01:29 PM.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi,

Its a graphics problem, you can try to find if its the display or the graphic card by connecting to a external monitor, if you got a clean image then the problem is the lcd that probably need to be replaced.

Schnell

Schnell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes, I'm using it with another monitor, AOC Spectrum 4V, or something like that, and I get a clear image.