Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP Laptop - Screen is a mess


  • Please log in to reply

#1
Schnell

Schnell

    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello there, look I'm having this trouble with my HP Pavilion DV6000/6500, the screen is now unreadable! I mean the update rate of the screen is like 0.7 FPS on 90% of the screen, but at the top (The remaining 10%) the screen is ok.

This began with only 15% damaged of the lower zone of the screen. But 2 or 3 months ago the damaged zone extended to 90% of the screen, I tried opening the case searching for damaged hardware but I couldn't find nothing burned or not correctly plugged in. What do you think is causing this? [see_attachment]

Didn't know where to post this so I did it here.

Attached Files


Edited by Schnell, 05 June 2013 - 01:29 PM.

  • 0

Advertisements


#2
SleepyDude

SleepyDude

    Trusted Helper

  • Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts
Hi,

Its a graphics problem, you can try to find if its the display or the graphic card by connecting to a external monitor, if you got a clean image then the problem is the lcd that probably need to be replaced.
  • 0

#3
Schnell

Schnell

    New Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes, I'm using it with another monitor, AOC Spectrum 4V, or something like that, and I get a clear image.
  • 0






Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP