My nick name is CompCav
and I will be assisting you with your Malware/Security problems. Please make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them. If you have any questions or you are unsure about anything, just ask and I will help you out. If you have resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please let me know so that this topic can be closed.
Please make sure you are saving and printing the instructions out
prior to each fix, this way you will have them on hand just in case you are unable to access this site. One of the steps I will be asking you to do requires you to boot into Safe Mode
and this process will be much easier for you to perform if the instructions are printed out for you to follow.
If you are ready to get started, please review and follow these guidelines
so that we resolve your issues in a timely and effective manner:
- Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instructions that I give you. Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. These instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. However, the one thing that you should always do, is to make sure your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Just do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file inside your post and submit.
- You must reply within four days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
- Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic. PM me only if I have not responded to your last post in 2 days.
- Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to ultimately reformat your hard drive and reinstall the operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Please have the software and storage media for backing up your data available.
Actually changing your password will usually solve this problem if you change it to a longer harder to guess password. We are seeing a lot of this with yahoo and hotmail. Apparently it is very easy to use a password guesser program on both mail services so any password with fewer than 7 letters is easily guessed.
Please change the password from a known clean computer not yours.Step 2.
( 1.8mb ) to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
If it does not run rename it iexplore.exe
and try it again.Step 3.
to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select Scan All Users
- Select Lop Check and Purity Check
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ComObjects\*.* /s
C:\windows\*. /RP /s
dir C:\ /S /A:L /C
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Post both logs