Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card Problems

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Thanks for the additional information which I am sorry to say answers why the soundcard is not working, it is not compatible with your MB, please see the information below which I obtained from the sound card link that you provided;

Product Description
Not compatible with all motherboards Please confirm this card is compatible with your system before purchasing This audio card will not work on other motherboards that did not originally come with the Supreme FX II audio card. Compatible Models: Blitz Formula/Extreme, Crosshair II Formula, Maximus Formula/Extreme, P5N72-T Premium, Rampage Formula, Striker II Series.

An example review;
Amazon Verified Purchase
but its old for asus motherboards I have an MSI and it wasn't clear when i bought it that it would'nt work

From my reply #5 Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

FWIW, The product information for the card is poor to say the least and simply changing the product description to ASUS OEM SUPREMEFX PCIe SOUNDCARD would I feel avoid people purchasing an inappropriate item.

You will note that the product description has now been amended by amazon and the reviews updated.

Advertisements

Cingelj16

Cingelj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks you for the help, guess its time to try again. :upset:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
You are most welcome and I hope that this time it works out for you :thumbsup:

Is there a reason why you cannot use a PCI type card http://www.amazon.co...rnal sound card

NB: Please keep in mind that even though your onboard audio chip is not working you may still need to disable the settings for the device in the BIOS, let us know if you require assistance with this.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I do apologise for offering a link to a card that could not work as I missed the first quote shown by Phil.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

I do apologise for offering a link to a card that could not work as I missed the first quote shown by Phil.

In your defence Bob you were not to know and as I have pointed out amazon has changed the product description for both versions of the card + the reviews have been updated/changed, take a look at the reviews dated June 17, 2013 and you will see what I am referring to http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Indeed mate.

A true screw up by either Amazon or wrongly described by the company selling it.

Cheers Phil. :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
You are most welcome Bob :thumbsup: