Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logitech MX3200 Keyboard and Mouse won't work in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

Davidpm

Davidpm

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I just upgraded my motherboard, CPU, RAM and power supply in my computer (basically everything but my hard drive) and after installing all of the motherboard drivers, I could not get my Logitech MX3200 Wireless mouse and keyboard to respond at all. I have checked basic things like batteries (put in brand new ones), whether the hardware works (it works on my laptop), and whether the USB responds (it does because it's running my wired keyboard now) and these kinds of things are not the issue. In fact, the keyboard responds during the POST as I was able to bypass the Windows SAFE mode prompt after a restart. It will only not respond in Windows.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this? (specs below)

Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P
CPU - AMD FX 6300
Windows 7 64bit
All Drivers Updated

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello Davidpm

I am aware that you have said that all drivers are up to date but can I ask whether you installed the software for the devices before physically connecting them to the computer, as the items work during post it suggests a software as opposed to hardware issue, you have most likely used the troubleshooting guide but I have included it in any event http://logitech-en-e...,2,5/cl/roeu,en

Try uninstalling any and all software for the Logitech keyboard and mouse, with the present wired keyboard connected restart the computer, install the software for the Logitech devices and see if you get an onscreen prompt asking you to connect the hardware.
Pair the devices to the receiver as detailed at the attached link.

Davidpm

Davidpm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi!
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I uninstalled all of the Logitech software and redownloaded everything with the USB unplugged. I redownloaded Setpoint but got no prompt through the installation process asking me to plug in my hardware. After installation, I plugged in the USB cable and got an audible confirmation that Windows had detected it but neither the keyboard or mouse responded. I reset my computer with only the wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up. Again the keyboard responded during POST but neither responded once Windows loaded.

If it helps, my device manager is currently listing two mice as HID-compliant mouse and 2 HID Keyboard Device PLUS Standard PS/2 Keyboard (which is the one I'm currently typing on). I've tried deleting these so that Windows has to redetect them but that did not work either.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello,

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide to pair the devices together again, you can have problems doing this which can be caused by other wireless devices such as network cards, routers, cordless telephones and even microwave ovens etc if there are any such items close by.

NB: You only get a few seconds to pair the two devices so it can be tricky.

You are welcome Davidpm BTW :thumbsup:

Davidpm

Davidpm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hello,
Yes, I followed the troubleshooting guide and paired the devices together. The keyboard worked during POST so it is communicating with the USB dongle. It will only not work after Windows loads.

Edited by Davidpm, 09 June 2013 - 08:49 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
As I suggested earlier the keyboard working during POST is pointing towards a software issue.
Go into Device Manager and disable as opposed to uninstalling the mice and keyboards that are listed there and then try enabling them individually and see how it goes.

If no joy, with the new hardware and the PS2 devices connected uninstall each item in the Device Manager then try running DriverMax to see if any new drivers are suggested for the Logitech items http://www.innovativ....com/drivermax/ Please note that you are only allowed to download two drivers a day for free and be sure to uncheck the "install AVG toolbar" option.