vista won't allow me to run cmd prompt as administrator
Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:00 AM
Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:24 AM
I would contact them with regard to this matter.
Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:18 AM
How did you deny access to the whole drive? Did you set advanced permissions on C: and set everything to inherit their permissions off that?
Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:43 AM
Would you agree?
Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:59 AM
Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:03 AM
I had occasion once to work on an NHS Intranet and that was locked down tighter than a Camels botty in a sand storm and only a select few were allowed access to the Internet.
Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:29 AM
Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:19 AM
Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:41 AM
- Open your start menu and click Computer
- Right-click on C:\ and select Properties:
- Under the Security tab, click Advanced.
Can you take a screenshot of this window and attach it to your next post please?
P.S. Please ignore this, I'm just saving it here in case we need it later. Do not, under any circumstances, run this fix yet! It will restore access to your disk but will completely destroy the whole Windows security model in the process and the only way to recover from this is to perform a clean install. I don't yet know if it will come to this or not
Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:56 PM
Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:21 PM
No problem! Enjoy your day off!
I would just like to check Windows recognises you as an Administrator before we go ahead with my fix:
Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.
- Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
- When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
- When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each
net localgroup administrators
- Right-click on the Command Prompt window and click Select All, this will invert all of the colours by selecting the text, now press enter. All of this text is now copied.
- Paste (Ctrl+V) it into your next post please.
Edited by tom982, 09 June 2013 - 05:21 PM.
Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:01 AM
Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:04 AM
Can you follow my instructions here please? Perhaps I wasn't clear in the way I used 'fix' as we're talking about two fixes at the same time.
Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:21 PM
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\The Pool and Spa Sho>net localgroup administrators
Alias name administrators
Comment Administrators have complete and unrestricted access to the compu
The Pool and Spa Sho
The command completed successfully.
C:\Users\The Pool and Spa Sho>
Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:25 PM
The parameter is incorrect
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users