Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mouse and Keyboard lock up on one user [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wisesilver

wisesilver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Hi emeraldnzl :)

It looks like I'll need to post to the Windows 7 forum - I locked up while making a donation to you. :) Never a dull moment!

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts

The Run Combofix uninstall could not find combofix - do you think I need to worry that it may not be unistalled?

If you ran OTL CleanUp it should have removed ComboFix left overs. Just out of curiosity, did you run OTL CleanUp ahead of the ComboFix one?

It looks like I'll need to post to the Windows 7 forum - I locked up while making a donation to you. :) Never a dull moment!

Hmm... I wonder if it's related to your security program. Might be worth uninstalling your live security programs one at a time to see. Without going back over the thread it's McAfee I think. Try running without it and see if your machine still locks. If you want to use something in the interim try Microsoft Security Essentials which is the one least likely to conflict with anything accept maybe Malwarebytes if it hasn't been set to accept it and if it is the live (i.e. paid for) version.

Microsoft Security Essentials

By the way the donation is not required but very kind of you and thank you.

Otherwise best of luck in the OS forum. :)

wisesilver

wisesilver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

If you ran OTL CleanUp it should have removed ComboFix left overs. Just out of curiosity, did you run OTL CleanUp ahead of the ComboFix one?

I did run OTL CleanUp after trying to remove ComboFix, whew! :)

My wife has reported her feedback. And there is a problem she encounters with Internet Employer. No matter what she types in she cannot leave the MSN page. Any suggestions?

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts

there is a problem she encounters with Internet Employer. No matter what she types in she cannot leave the MSN page. Any suggestions?

I use Firefox and am not that up with IE things so am not quite sure what you mean.

Is Internet Employer a Web site that she is trying to get to or do you mean the IE browser engine itself?

If it is IE then you might try using Mr Fixit see How to reset Internet Explorer

wisesilver

wisesilver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Is Internet Employer a Web site that she is trying to get to or do you mean the IE browser engine itself?

Ir is the IE browser engine itself

… might try using Mr Fixit see How to reset Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you. :)

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts
:thumbsup:

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 19,991 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.