Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

http://uk.woofi.info/ [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
This topic will not be closed, do not worry. I will discuss these issues with my instructor and get back to you.

Thanks for your patience and for sticking with me. :)

Advertisements

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hi there Hellomut :)

I think the best solution for you is to re-install the Operating System as your issues are rooted there.

The Service Packs are nowhere to be seen, and don't respond to system commands.

There are files present on the machine which are reported as missing, only one file is missing and it's not the Netbt file.

Internet Explorer should not be listed in Programs and Features as it is a part of the Operating System. It should be listed in Installed Updates.

Installed Updates only lists a handfull of updates when the list should be quite long.

Moving On....

This is how I see things progressing:

I would like to check your Hardrive to see if it is running correctly or if there are any errors causing these issues. If the harddrive is failing then reinstalling Vista is pointless. If the harddrive is sound then you need to find the Disk that came with the Laptop. We can then reinstall Vista. If you cannot find the disk then you can order a disk from Fujitsu, it should be fairly inexpensive. So lets check your Hardrive here:

1. Error Checking
  • Click Start and in the search box type CMD - You should see CMD under programs, right click and Run as Administrator.
  • CMD window will open, at the prompt copy and paste the following: CHKDSK C: /F /R and press Enter
  • Choose Yes (y) at the next prompt to schedule disk check and press enter.
  • Exit CMD by typing exit
  • Restart computer. This will check your hard drive for errors.
  • Checkdisk can take a long time to finish. It may look like it has stalled, this is normal. Don't power off until it has finished

2. CHKDSK LOG
  • Click Start and in the search box type Event Viewer and press Enter See Image below
  • Click the small arrow to the left of Windows Logs then click Applications the events will show in a few seconds.
  • Scroll down the information list to locate the Wininit entry then Double click Wininit
  • In the window that pops up select Copy then open Notepad and Paste the log there.
  • Copy and Paste the log in your reply :)

Posted Image

I only need to see the CHKDSK LOG :thumbsup:

hellomut

hellomut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi
I have completed error checking but the CHKDSK LOG won't complete I get an error message about a Snap-in
Fx:{605566ad-fe9c-4363-6e05-7a4c667bb7c6510} and I can't get anything to complete.
Still I have some good new I have found the discs that came with the machine I have two one with drivers, system utlities and diagonostics
the other is a system recovery.
Regards
Hellomut

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts

Great news about the Disk. A repair or clean install is the way forward. The Malware issues are no longer the problem it is your Operating System. All the problems we have been experiencing are to do with your OS. Now the Check Disk results are a problem, this should be a fairly straight forward process, but not for this Laptop. I expect that this has been an issue for a long time but hasn't become apparent until the Laptop became slightly infected.

Was the Error message similar or the same as below:

"mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it"

"mmc could not create the snap-in.
The snap-in might not have been successfully installed correctly.

Name Event Viewer
"clsid:Fx:{605566ad-fe9c-4363-6e05-7a4c667bb7c6510}"

Can you remember or did you notice ChkDsk finding any problems? Not to worry if you didn't. It would be nice to know if your hardrive is able to go through a re-install. If the Harddrive is failing then it could go completely.

You will have to Backup all your Stuff onto another Harddrive or Disks. Photos, videos, pictures, music etc. Paid for programs can be reinstalled along with the free software you have. I suggest you start doing this now, we can then start repairing the OS :)

Get back to me with your thoughts or with any problems with the above. I am currently looking into the ChkDsk results. :thumbsup:

hellomut

hellomut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi there i did not see any problems with ChkDsk finding, I have ordered a new external hard drive to download all the files I have, I want to store the inbox file from outlook do you know if I can just move the hole folder out of outlook? I will get back to you in aday or two when the new drive arrives.

Thanks

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hi there :)

The answer is yes. The location of your E-mail data will be here: C:\Users\shadbolt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook I would copy the Outlook folder to the External Hardrive. You will then re-install Outlook and copy the contents of that folder to the new Outlook folder after the re-install :)

The following 2 links provide information on what I have said regarding location and moving data.

Move Outlook Data Folder
Outlook Save Locations

You will also need the Vista Activation Code for the Vista re-install. There should be a Windows Vista sticker on the underside of the laptop or under the Battery with the code on :thumbsup:

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts

Just checking in to see if everything is O.K?

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Do you still require any help Hellomut? I will have to close this topic if I don't here back from you in a couple of days :thumbsup:

hellomut

hellomut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi just received the new external hard drive been a bit busy at work so I will try and swop the files at the weekend and be back in touch.
Thanks

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
No problem Hellomut, thanks for getting back to me. More time for you :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.