Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help computer crashing problem nearly every time

• Please log in to reply

Rohan

Rohan

• Pip
  • 8 posts
First of all I am not sure If I should be posting in this board but I could not find a more sutible one so here goes...

A few weeks ago my computer crashed and every thing on my screen went all fuzy and then I reseted it thinking it would be a one of.

Next time the computer rebuted some of the icons on my destop and infolder view were messed up and I didn't have a clue what that meant :
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Me being me I ignored it and got on with life. Now every time I start my computer up when my desktop loads the gfx screws up and the computer crashes and I have to reset it. this will happen about 9 or 10 times before it will mysteriously work.

Also when I get It to work my game (guild wars) will crash when I atempt to play it and will screw up and be really anoying.

Any help at all would be apreciated thanks in advance :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
might be malware, but not sure. never seen that before.

start > run
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

Rohan

Rohan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the help
I didnt have a time though so I am going to force the error by putting Gw on and record the time

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
good plan

Rohan

Rohan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well I just forced the error and got back on. one of them "Windows has just recovered from a serious error..."
Heres the techie part of it (not got a clue if this means anything)
C:\DOCUME~1\Rohan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb134.dir00\Mini060705-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Rohan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb134.dir00\sysdata.xml
And it link me to this:
http://oca.microsoft...88f87eed&SID=10

I got 2 errors :
The EZWINIT service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
and
The EZWRITER service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
these are to do with a program that I know about and don't use so I am about to go uninstall that. (those errors were from the system bit.)
thanks again for the help

Edited by Rohan, 07 June 2005 - 01:35 PM.

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
The error seems to be caused by a hardware driver. What is the make of the video card you are using? I would suggest installing the most current drivers for it.

Rohan

Rohan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I don't want to sound lazy but I cant find a driver for my Geforce mx 440 (Which sucks). so anyhelp finding one for my windows xp would be apreciated

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_71.89.html

you're lazy

Rohan

Rohan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm not :tazz:
Its just that on the site i did stuff and it gave me this geforce 6800 drivrt and it made me really jelous of 6800 owners.

Edit-- thanks for think didnt see it there.

Edited by Rohan, 07 June 2005 - 02:03 PM.

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Heheh, most of the NVidia GForce cards run off the same drivers. Thats why it referenced the 6800 card.

And dont be jealous..

Rohan

Rohan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just installed the new driver but same thing hapened on start up ;)

There is a driver for something that could be causing the problem (judjing by the errors) Its one of those things which you atach via usb to the computer and xp goes "new blah blah blah has been detected. And you direct xp to the driver to install it. The problem is I don't know were to get rid of this driver I'm sure I have done this before with a phone USB cable thing.
:tazz: ;)

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.ezflash.cn/downloade.asp

Rohan

Rohan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'd just like to say thanks for all your help on this problem I will definatly come to this forum again if I have any problems. (In the end I re installed windows.)

Rohan

Rohan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well I thought the problem was solved but its back. I managed to get a screen last time before it crashed: (Uploaded attatchment?)