Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hard drive not showing up in disk management

• Please log in to reply

Infamoussoxx

Infamoussoxx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok so im at a very frustrated point. Ive had an Iomega prestige 1tb for a while now and its been pretty much bricked. I have a lot of valuable information on it and ive tried just about everything to revive it. The problem is that it turns on, spins up but there is no 2 tone sound when i connect it to my computer. When I realized this, I didnt panic. I checked 'my computer' and sure enough, nothing showed. Still, with the ounce of hope I had left, I proceeded to check 'disk management'. To my horror, it was not there. Ive used sata docks, and Ive also replaced the pcb board so I have a brand new one. The hard drive itself is a Seagate 7200.12 1tb. PLEASE HELP!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Have you tried your Iomega Prestige on another computer to see if the same thing happens on another computer.

If you have a desktop pc have you tried to connect the hard drive directly to an empty sata port on your motherboard to test if it is the hard drive or the Iomega Prestige enclosure that has the problem.

Infamoussoxx

Infamoussoxx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply bud. Ok , well im currently on a laptop and ive tried it on another computer. My ive tried using a docking station thinking it would help but it did not. Its just spinning up, thats about it.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
If your Hard drive was tested when being connected directly to the motherboard SATA port and not using any hd enclosure or docking station and it still does not work then maybe your HD is faulty.

Enclosures or docking station are not always the best way to see if your hd is working or not because you can never know if it is the hd not working or the enclosures used or the wires used to connect it to the computer.

If your Iomega Prestige is still under warranty and you haven't opened it than return it for a replacement. If warranty finish then open it and take the HD out and test it without the Iomega Prestige.

Hope that helps