Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot map a drive on network

• Please log in to reply

chickmazta

chickmazta

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Good day to everyone. I had to re-install windows on our office including the server. I already restored internet connection on all clients. Our server acts as a file storage for backup's. And also other computer connect to internet through this server.

The only problem I'm having is that, client pc cannot map the drive I created for them to store backup files. ICS is properly working because client pc's can connect to internet. It seems that client pc does not recognize the server. I have already checked that all computers are on the same workgroup, same version of windows (windows xp). I may be missing something here, this is the hole of my work "networking". hope someone could help out. Thanks a lot guys!

Server is an HP xSeries 206m, Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 1gb of ram. windows xp pro. 80GB of hdd (not much for a server). just for xls files.

Advertisements