Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla Firefox.bak folder

• Please log in to reply

Annoyance

Annoyance

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi

I ran an Secunia Psi version 2.0 scan and I got 1 result for a end of life program Mozilla Firefox 20.x pointing to a folder within program files(x86),Mozilla firefox.bak, I am running Windows 7 64 bit and do currently do have the latest release version of firefox installed 21.0

I think this has happened before and I just deleted the firefox.exe within that folder (I think) but now since it has happened again just wondered if something with the updates are going wrong or something else.

so any help any solutions would be great

Regards
Paul

Advertisements

Annoyance

Annoyance

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi

Problem fixed or I am assuming it is...I just deleted the folder named Mozilla Firefox.bak (note the .bak ) this is just in case someone else come across this issue.

This is the solution as the why well that is a mystery.

anyway yet again this week I have had to do my own thing seems pointless posting anymore.

So thanks for anyone who has helped me in the past

Regards
Paul