Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please tell me if this is a Virus.

• Please log in to reply

Elisheba

Elisheba

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi. I was here last weekend cleaning up a virus called V9 security something. I was all cleaned up. But just tonight when I was looking through my C: drive folders, I found this folder. The path is: C:/ProgramData/{93E26451-CD9A-43A5-A2FA-C42392EA4001}. Inside this folder with this string of letters & numbers is another folder with the title x64. Inside this folder is what looks like a log of some sort, with a padlock on it, titled DIFxinstallLog. Can anyone tell me if this is left over from last weeks clean up of a virus? Or is this a normal folder? I have a Dell Laptop with Win 7. Thank you. P.S. I can copy and paste in here what's on the Log so that you can see if there is anything familiar or not. The top 3 lines on the log are these:

ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
GEARAspiWDM.inf: checking signature with catalog 'C:\ProgramData\{93E26451-CD9A-43A5-A2FA-C42392EA4001}\x64\GEARAspiWDMx64.cat' ...
Driver package 'GEARAspiWDM.inf' is WHQL signed.

Does this look like something left over from a virus of some kind? Or is it a regular driver of some kind? Or what. I do not have iTunes. Is it safe to just delete the folder, or are there other things that need to go too.

Thanks again.

Advertisements