Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Correct colour temperature for my laptop display?

• Please log in to reply

Designman

Designman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm producing some illustrations on my iPad, sending them as a png to view and edit on my Windows 8 laptop.

Unfortunately the colour difference in some colours is quite wide - the iPad display seems much warmer in tone than the PC. I'm using hex codes for the colour to make sure I'm matching the client's palette, so there shouldn't be an issue in the colours being correct. But is there a generally accepted colour setting for a laptop display that will show me a "standard" that will match most displays? Or is my laptop's default probably correct anyway?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: Designman

Your settings may be the defaults but worth checking is the Calibrate colour option in the control panel, please see the attachment below;