Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound problems

• Please log in to reply

Sking0

Sking0

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Hi.
My son has a pc. Windows 7 ultimate with an ASUS P5Q Deluxe motherboard. The video card is an Asus GX560 Ti.
I got him some logitech X530 5.1 surround sound speakers. I can only get left, right and woofer to work.
I wanted to use Realtek sound manager to try and set the speakers up as i have the same speakers and i found that program worked well for me to set the speakers up.
I have installed realtek but i cannot seem to get sound manager to show on his pc. Have read loads of things on the net but had no luck.
I copied my sound manager to his pc but it didn't install. I could just open it. When it opens there is no info about the sound or directx version showing in the opening menu of Sound manager.
I read somewhere about conflicts with Nvidia. After 3 hours messing about i needed a break. Thought i would ask here before i have another try.
Thanks.

Edited by Sking0, 15 June 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Advertisements

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
It was a rushed post. Bit vague. If you want more info ask me. This is doing my head in.
:help:

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
The ASUS P5Q Deluxe uses Soundmax Audio (ADI) so this is why your Realtek Sound Manager will not work since it is not a Realtek soundcard on the motherboard.

And as to why you cannot make all the speakers work try these connections:

The wires of your Logitech wires to your motherbard audio connection

Logitech green wire (front) to Soundcard Lime connection
Logitech black wire (rear) to Soundcard black connection
Logitech orange wire (center/sub) to soundcard orange connection

Edited by Alzeimer, 16 June 2013 - 05:44 AM.

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
That is how i have them wired.
I have just read about Soundmax and someone was talking about getting some drivers for it. From what i read i feel pretty hopeful.
In hindsight most of my pc probs over the years have all turned out to be something really simple. No doubt this is.
Thanks for the response.
Will get back to you when i get them working properly

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Well it turned out that Soundmax wasn't installed. Got it from Asus and after some fiddling about finally got it sorted.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Well it turned out that Soundmax wasn't installed. Got it from Asus and after some fiddling about finally got it sorted.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Glad to be able to help, enjoy your sound.