Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

lcd screen id not displaying anything

• Please log in to reply

srijnana

srijnana

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
hello,

the problem is that the screen is not displaying anything till 5 minutes from switching on the system. the CPU is running but the screen is not displaying any content... mine is samsung 15" lcd screen.

help me..
thanks in advance..
sri jnana

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Hello srijnana

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

You have told us that you have a "Samsung 15" lcd screen" so I am thinking that you may have a notebook - if this is correct try connecting the notebook to an external screen by way of the notebooks video port, let us know if the issue is the same or if the external display comes straight on.

NB: You may need to toggle between displays by using the Fn and one of the F1 to F12 keys being pressed down together or by a single function key which may have an image of a monitor etched on it.

srijnana

srijnana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
first of all thanks for replying!!!!!!

mine is assembled desktop.
MINE IS INTEL POWERED with a ram of 1 gb & 80 gb hard disk operating on windows xp sp 3.....

samsung 540N SYNC MASTER IS MY LCD SCREEN...

thanks in advance..
sri jnana

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
You are welcome and thank you for the update srijnana :thumbsup:

Can you run Speccy and then provide a url to the results please http://www.piriform....file-to-the-web

A couple of quick checks that you can do;
1: Check the condition of the PC to screen cable, look for bent pins in the end connections and ensure that both ends are securely connected, finger tighten only.
2: Try an alternative screen to see if the problem is also present on that, if the problem is present on the replacement screen it suggests that your Samsung screen is ok and can be ruled out as a starting point at least.

srijnana

srijnana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
i have sent u a personal message please have a look of that and tell me what to do?

i have checked the cable & its absolutely safe . all pics are safe with no bends. i have given my speccy profile in the personal message sent to u ..

http://speccy.pirifo...hcyebjl75bYZvQN

hoping a reply soon

Edited by phillpower2, 18 June 2013 - 06:42 AM.
Speccy url added

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Hello srijnana

Please note that no assistance is offered outside of the forums so please only post the requested information in this topic, thank you for understanding.

The power output from your PSU looks off so we should look at that first;

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Depending on the results we may need to run further software for comparison http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet

srijnana

srijnana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Mine is Windows xp sp3 operating system i have posted you the screen shot of the speed fan image.

thanks for all the help you are doing!!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• speed fan screen shot.JPG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Speedfan is not showing us the voltage readings that we need but it is showing rising temperatures, run HWMonitor and again provide a screenshot for us http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html uninstall Speedfan as you see fit.

srijnana

srijnana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I attached that hw monitor screen shot...

Attached Thumbnails

• screen hw monitor.JPG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

HWMonitor is not showing us the voltages either so we will need to check them in your BIOS but first of all can you answer the second question that I asked back in my reply #4

2: Try an alternative screen to see if the problem is also present on that, if the problem is present on the replacement screen it suggests that your Samsung screen is ok and can be ruled out as a starting point at least.

Was this done and if so what was the outcome.

srijnana

srijnana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
i dont have alternative screen. is there any other way i can do without other screen to test my lcd screen?

or suggest me any other way...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
If you have a notebook that has a VGA port you can connect the Samsung screen to that, you may need to toggle the notebook to the external screen by using the Fn and one ot the F1 to F12 keys or a single function key that has an image of a screen etched on it.

srijnana

srijnana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
unfortunately i don't have any other display device or laptop or any notebook....
is there any other i can check my screen whether working or not????

Edited by srijnana, 21 June 2013 - 11:13 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

unfortunately i don't have any other display device or laptop or any notebook....
is there any other i can check my screen whether working or not????

Sorry but no there is not, you could be going around in circles checking out the computer and find nothing, issues of this nature are predominantly caused by a bad PSU, bad graphics solution or a bad screen and of the 3 trying another screen is the easiest check as it requires no testing software, equipment or technical knowledge.

As an asides as I mentioned earlier your PSU output readings are off so can you check them in the BIOS, no screenshot is required simply make a note of the readings and post them with your next reply, see my canned text below;

NB: BIOS voltage readings.

The readings are not conclusive in the BIOS as the computer is under the least amount of load, if they are higher or lower than what they should be though it does suggest a PSU problem.