i have a 32GB microSD card that i was using in my Samsung Galaxy S3 replica (it says "Spreadtrum" when i plug it to the computer) for several months without a problem. the phone is on Android 4.0.3, unrooted.
as i was downloading a video file the phone suddenly reset and when it powered back on it kept saying "Insert SD card" in notifications.
ATTEMPTED FIXES SO FAR:
1. i powercycled it a few times, still the same message.
2. i then swapped out the card with a 4GB i had lying around and it worked fine.
3. then i put the 32BD card back in and got the error again, so now i'm currently using the 4GB.
4. i connected the 32GB card to my PC using a card reader. drive F: comes up when i do that, but when i click on it i get "Please insert a disk into Removable Drive F:" :..( under Properties, the size of the drive is coming up as 0 bytes.
5. i tried changing the drive name > doesn't help
6. tried cmd > CHKDSK > "Cannot open volume for direct access"
7. tried looking around online for data recovery software
* ZAR (Zero Assumption Recovery) =
* undelete 360 =
* NTFS Undelete =
* Testdisk & Photorec =
* EaseUS =
I would like to recover as much data as I can from the card, but as it can't be detected by the computer this seems to be an almost impossible problem. Is there anything I haven't tried or a program you could recommend?