So I wielded your big hammer. (Some pun intended.)
Went into msconfig and hid all Microsoft services. All non-Microsoft services were already enabled. Went to general tab and 'normal' startup was already selected. Rebooted anyway.
Ran sfc scan from command prompt and entered findstr command. At this point I didn't notice (or ignored) the instruction to reboot. I instead went right into disk defragmentation. After that was done running (started at 2% fragmentation and was 0% at the end) I rebooted. This reboot took over 5 minutes and I got a message that 3 updates were configured before it booted down. Naturally the sfcdetails.txt was empty, lol.
So after I rebooted I ran sfc scan again and entered the findstr command again. At this point I realized that I screwed up the first two times because I was using "/" instead of "\" in the string. So sorry. I put my dunce cap on and moved on. Again the scan reported that Windows repaired corrupted files successfully. Interestingly enough, after rebooting (and again it configured 3 updates before booting down and actually seemed to take longer) I checked the sfcdetails.txt file and again it was still empty!
Moved on and ran the OLT fix. You and your big hammer rock! (I should probably rephrase that, lol!) My shutdown time is under 30 seconds! I shutdown and booted back up a couple times in under 5 minutes just because I could.
So I'm considering this issue resolved. Thank you!