Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Programs stop working and glitch in tab bar

• Please log in to reply

HeeTa

HeeTa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Every time I open google chrome, I get a message saying "Google chrome stopped working, Windows is looking for a solution" etc. and I have to close the program. The next two or three times I try to open Chrome, the same problem occurs and I have to close the window. The fourth time Chrome might work properly. It always happens with Google Chrome, but it often happens when I open Internet explorer as well.
But then there is another problem, that of flickering tabs. The tab bar keeps flickering or disappears completely. This is really annoying when I use several tabs in Chrome. But it also seems to happen in other programs like Word (see picture below). The tabs such as ‘File’ and ‘Page Layout’ have a white font and almost seem to disappear.

Also, when I’m browsing often the window freezes, I can move the cursor but can't click on anything or move the page up or down. This lasts a few seconds at a time and then it will work again.

I have tried a system restore a few times, and the problem seems to disappear but always returns. So I think it might be a bug or virus that keeps being downloaded with programs I use or updates Windows does automatically. I only got the laptop a few months ago so it should be working perfectly.

I really have no idea how to solve the problem. I hope someone can help! Let me know if you need any more information to help!

My laptop is a Lenovo, Windows 7

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.png
  • 1.png
  • 3.png
  • 4.png
  • 5.png

Advertisements