Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to open ports on linksys smart wifi?

• Please log in to reply

jtthunda

jtthunda

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Long story short, my router is upstairs and my xbox is in the basement which makes the connection not very good. My family of 6 recently got the latest and the greatest router the linksys smart wifi EA6500. Everything was awesome until a couple days ago when it started to kinda spaz out a bit and not give good service to those around the house. I called up xbox for a problem not related to the wifi connection, but the guy was telling me that the nat type was moderate and that i could recieve a better connection and service downstairs to the xbox 360. He said i have to call up cisco and tell them to open ports 80, 88, 53 and 3074 on my router and to receive better connection and service to all the devices around the house including my xbox. so i called them up and of course the lady says she cant help me cause my technical support service is up. can anyone help me open up this ports, i have the apps and everything to do it i just don't know how??

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
This looks like exactly the instructions you are looking for.

Setting up an Xbox 360® behind a Linksys router (Linksys Knowledge Base). If that doesn't quite do it for you, there are more general instructions at Resolving NAT type issues with gaming consoles through a Linksys router (Linksys Knowledge Base).