task scheduler corrupted [Closed]
Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:41 PM
Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:23 PM
I am nathdep and I will be helping you with your malware problems.
Note: Just to let you know, I am still in the process of training to become a malware expert. I want you to know that I have a teacher who will be reviewing all the fixes that I post here. Thank you for being part of my learning process!
Here are some general steps to follow during the clean up procedure:
- Please print these instructions as well as future instructions as you may have to boot in safe mode and will not be able to access this site via the internet. Another solution is saving these instructions by copying and pasting them into notebook and saving the file in a convenient location.
- Please be patient as the malware removal process could be lengthy, complex, and at times frustrating. Your cooperation throughout the entire process will benefit you as it will expedite your removal time. Please keep this issue in this post and do not post this same issue on a different site. Doing so can be compared to a patient seeing two different doctors. If the two different doctors are not aware of what medication the other doctor is prescribing, the patient could be risking his life. This is synonymous to a computer's health.
- Please read (and re-read) the instructions entirely as not following the instructions carefully can produce damaging results.
- Please tell me how your computer is running in the beginning of each post. Tell me both recurring and new
issues as this added information can shed even more light to the problems you are experiencing.
I have to get my first fix approved by my teacher. I will be back ASAP!
Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:46 AM
Please follow these instruction very carefully:
Download OTL to your Desktop by clicking here
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Copy and paste the following into the Custom Scans/Fixes box:
netsvcs BASESERVICES %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe /md5start services.* explorer.exe winlogon.exe Userinit.exe svchost.exe /md5stop dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic
In your next reply, be sure to include the following:
- The OTL log
- A report on if any of your problems resolved or if any new problems have been created.
Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:06 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users