Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

task scheduler corrupted [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

freemie4

freemie4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I was trying to schedule a backup of my files and to create a system image. That's when I found out my task scheduler id corrupted. The pop up windows said The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. User_Feed_Synchronization-{A4F9B597-ADA3-44C9-BC8C-DC291AEA8A75}, ALSO another one said, The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. User_Feed_Synchronization-{B618C8A0-A2AC-4FCA-950B-B97EACD904B8} AND the last one said, The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. mcupdate Please HELP ME!! I'm clueless..

Advertisements

nathdep

nathdep

• PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
Hello, freemie4 and :welcome:

I am nathdep and I will be helping you with your malware problems.

Note: Just to let you know, I am still in the process of training to become a malware expert. I want you to know that I have a teacher who will be reviewing all the fixes that I post here. Thank you for being part of my learning process! :)

Here are some general steps to follow during the clean up procedure:

• Please print these instructions as well as future instructions as you may have to boot in safe mode and will not be able to access this site via the internet. Another solution is saving these instructions by copying and pasting them into notebook and saving the file in a convenient location.
  • Please be patient as the malware removal process could be lengthy, complex, and at times frustrating. Your cooperation throughout the entire process will benefit you as it will expedite your removal time. Please keep this issue in this post and do not post this same issue on a different site. Doing so can be compared to a patient seeing two different doctors. If the two different doctors are not aware of what medication the other doctor is prescribing, the patient could be risking his life. This is synonymous to a computer's health.
  • Please read (and re-read) the instructions entirely as not following the instructions carefully can produce damaging results.
  • Please tell me how your computer is running in the beginning of each post. Tell me both recurring and new
    issues
    as this added information can shed even more light to the problems you are experiencing.

I have to get my first fix approved by my teacher. I will be back ASAP!

nathdep

nathdep

• PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
Hello again freemie4!

Please follow these instruction very carefully:

Download OTL to your Desktop by clicking here
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Copy and paste the following into the Custom Scans/Fixes box:
    netsvcs
    BASESERVICES
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    services.*
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    /md5stop
    dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

In your next reply, be sure to include the following:
  • The OTL log
  • A report on if any of your problems resolved or if any new problems have been created.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.