Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New computer hardware but freeze for no reason

• Please log in to reply

Mr_

Mr_

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I put a 2tb hard drive in, 4gb of ram and a d-link network card 1gb in my xp....and when I just simply went-on yahoo answers and was scrollin down, suddenly everything freezes, and can't do anything no task manager by holding buttons down nothing, I had to hold down the power button to get back on the computer, but I really want to know what kind of freeze was this when nothing got overloaded or anything odd, so here's what the sceen looked like when it froze~~~~The normal looking yahoo answers colored page froze, and got multipled 3 times in one direction diagonaly and a bit blurred, and each of the three where now a tinted color, one was red, one was blue and one was green and nothing could be done except power button shut off....does anyone know what that crash/freeze was? Why it could have happened?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
You replaced 3 hardware items and the problem happens. Start replacing them one at a time and see which one is causing the problem. Could be you have not loaded the correct drive for the LAN card.

Mr_

Mr_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok that's an idea, I put in a new hard drive though so I hope now though it will all be fine but anyhow then I don't need anymore help now~