Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

On Startup, BIOS does not show.

• Please log in to reply

Poogie

Poogie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Partslist:
Asrock 970 Extreme
Crucial Ballistix 8 GB 1333mz
PNY Nvidia GeForce 660
Seagate 1TB
Standard DVD drive
Corsair Builder Edition 600V
AMD FX-6300

So, after building it (my first build), I plugged it in to my monitor through the Graphics Card with A DVI cord, and turned it on. The system turned on, all 3 fans running (case fan, CPU fan, Graphics card fan), yet the monitor just went into power save mode. The monitor is set to the correct input, yet it shows nothing. I've tried everything I could think of, so I come running to you.

Thanks in advance I guess.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday Poogie< Posted Image

A few basic things to check first, very simple to overlook.
Always turn off the power and take anti static measures when working on the computer or handling parts.

970 Extreme3 correct.??? Manual, P#12. Have you connected 1. the ATX 12V Power Connector?? and 9, ATX Power Connector??
6, CPU Fan header, CPU fan1 (check you are using this 4 pin Socket)
21, Clear CMOS Jumper. Check the jumper is on the correct pins, ref, MB/m/P#25. Jumper Default, on pins 1&2.
23 Front Panel case wiring, MB/mP#27. Check carefully plugs are correct.
24. If you have a Mini internal system speaker ensure that + & - on the plug and socket match, MB/mP#28.

RAM. Correctly seated with the locking clips at each end of the DIMM completely closed. If two sTicks, install to slots A1 & B1. MB/mP#17

Video Card. Take it out of the slot then reseat it, 36, MB/m/P#19 (install in PCIE2 Slot) check that the 1x6 pin PCI-E Power cable is securely connect.

Test,,,Results please??

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Have you solved your problem? an update would be appreciated.