Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

BtHHub3/DDNS/port forward

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hi Geeks to go members!

I have a problem currently with viewing an i.p cam over dynamic DNS.

Bt home hub 3

i.p cam (wanscam aj-xxx)

port forward setup for i.p cam

Protocol: Port: Range: Translate To:
tcp 99 / 99
tcp 4000 / 4000

firewall allows this, DDNS "allowed" on my router, i can use the connection fine on LAN definitely connected.

The issue:

Using no-ip.com as my DDNS supplier my dns does not resolve to my routers external i.p?

Tracert to briggscam.no-ip.org - completes fine.

Tracert to routers external i.p address - times out constantly.

canyouseeme.org - ports 80/443/99 and 4000 all appear to be closed ports but doing netstat "established" i can see these open> maybe some sort of security thing from bt??

I can't seem to log into my router remotely either. It's just an annoying little one this, as we have upgraded from Sky to Bt this remote access feature has been stripped, is there anything at all i'm missing? should there be something i can double check? an internal-only i.p cam is pretty useless to me i need this for viewing away from home :)

If there's anymore information needed, please let me know and i'll try to provide it.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

My bloody firewall!

I added the external i.p address. (I know, i know it might just help that one Andy)

Just adding this for other member's who may have made that same mistake.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,725 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing the solution andy_b_1502 :thumbsup: