Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building my First PC - Opinion on the Parts?

• Please log in to reply

KarmicJustice

KarmicJustice

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm currently working on a very cheap computer for gaming. Yes, I realize I'll be lucky if I can play most things on lowest settings, and that's fine with me. I just need to know if this would work, and hopefully run most games on their lowest settings at least. If there's anything I'm missing, I'd love some help. Thanks in advanced!

Parts:
AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Seagate Barracuda 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Diablotek CPA-7620 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply
LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
:welcome: KarmicJustice

The Ram is the one item that cannot be confirmed as being suitable, please see my canned text below;

For the best and most stable performance you should where possible purchase a CPU and Ram that have been tested and approved by the motherboard manufacturer, this is referred to as the QVL ( qualified vendors list ) understand though that there are too many products released for them all to be tested so other hardware will be compatible but not proven to be.

The MSI QVL for your MB does not list any Crucial products http://uk.msi.com/pr...?div=MEMSupport

As an asides if you have a 64-bit OS disk I suggest that you fit 8GB of Ram** from the outset as this will help with your video quality.

**You have not list an OS such as Windows 7 64-bit can I ask what you will be using

Splott

Splott

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Not sure if its tested or approved by motherboard manufactures, but Crucial RAM is cheap and reliable in my experience.