Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Compatibility Test

• Please log in to reply

jbc22

jbc22

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I'm building a PC for the first time and have got together a list of parts I would like to use, I would be grateful if somebody could confirm that they are all compatible, and if not, what changes I need to make.
Power supply: corsair 2013 edition gamer series GS 600w

Storage: Seagate 750gb SSHD solid state hybrid drive SATA6gbs

CPU: AMD A10-5800k Black edition 3.8ghz (fm2 socket) Apu trinity quad core

Motherboard: ASrock 970 extreme 4 AMD 970 (socket AM3) DDR3 ATX

Graphics card: MSI HD 7959 twin frozr III Boost edition 3072mb GDDR5 PCI-express

Ram: Corsair vengeance pro silver 8gb (2x4) DDR3 PC3 12800C9 1600mhz

CPU cooler: Akasa ak - Venom Pico compact CPU cooler (socket 755/1150/1155/1156/AM2/AM2+

Thanks very much I really appreciate your time, I've tried websites but want a human being to give me the green light.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: jbc22

The MB is the AM3 socket platform but the CPU is the FM2 type so no match.

For the best and most stable performance you should where possible purchase a CPU and Ram that have been tested and approved by the motherboard manufacturer, this is referred to as the QVL ( qualified vendors list ) understand though that there are too many products released for them all to be tested so other hardware will be compatible but not proven to be.

For compatible CPUs and Ram for the MB check the CPU and Memory support list @ http://www.asrock.co...treme4/?cat=CPU

A MB suitable for the CPU http://www.outletpc.... AMD Socket FM2

You also have an aftermarket CPU cooler on your list, are you aware that using it will invalidate the 3 year AMD warranty.

jbc22

jbc22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok looking for a new CPU now, is everything else ok?

jbc22

jbc22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
And yes I am aware ill be voiding my warranty

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Do you have a link to the Ram so that it can be checked http://www.asrock.co...me4/?cat=Memory

All other items are ok :thumbsup:

Tip;
If you have something to add while you are waiting for a reply can you use the edit tab please, this will ensure that nothing is overlooked + it does not fill up peoples inbox, thank you for understanding.