Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with screen resolution

• Please log in to reply

xtmastro

xtmastro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I recently just got my laptop wiped clean due to the FBI green dot virus. I play games on my computer and currently my desktop screen resolution is 1920x1200. When I load up a game such as Call of Duty, or any other game, I usually shrink the screen resolution so I can get more frames. Even though it isn't HD/1920x1200, I can still play. It doesn't bother me; however, when I got my laptop back, whenever I shrink the resolution, whether it is my desktop or a game, instead of taking away the "HD" quality and stretching out the game and making it look somewhat bad, it keeps the "HD quality" and shrinks the game itself. Meaning, the game becomes smaller and the rest of my screen is black. Let me explain this a little better. Let's say I was in windowed mode. Well, unlike fullscreen, you can adjust the window by dragging the edges and make the game smaller or bigger. For example a game like minecraft. So basically it is just like that when I am in fullscreen, it just replaces the rest with blackness. This would be easier to understand if I could get some pictures up. If someone understands please help me with this.

Advertisements