Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 I/O error

• Please log in to reply

Angela71

Angela71

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
On my desktop, if I open the flash drive though My Computer and then select the "drive detect application" it does come up with the drive name and S/N and asks if I want to perform a firmware check so apparently everything is on the flash drive it just isn't auto running on either the desktop or laptop...

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that indicates something didn't go right with making the bootable usb then. Some file didn't get copied over.

Angela71

Angela71

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
So should I delete everything on the flash drive and try to create it again?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
y :thumbsup: ep

Angela71

Angela71

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Downloaded the .iso file again, rebooted the laptop with the USB in it and got the exact results as last night, "no default or ui configuration directive found".

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well darn this isn't going as planned.
Any way you can get hold of another system to hook the drive in as a slave or secondary drive and run at least the windows diagnostic version on it?

Angela71

Angela71

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Maybe, but for now I'm gonna have to take a break from working on it. I am leaving to go on vacation tomorrow afternoon and won't be back until the evening of the 25th. Can we pick up where we left off when I return?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sure thing just respond here and I'll get a email notice. Enjoy your vacation :thumbsup: