Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wi-fi catcher doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

mraskin

mraskin

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I recently had upgraded my Dell XPS M1530 with Windows 7. All works fine except for the button called wi-fi catcher. I read that in order for it to work I need to re-install Dell's software called QuickSet. I did get to Dell's website where they have bunch of versions, however none of them seems to work with my laptop. I had few attempts of installing several versions but as soon as I hit the install it tells that the software is not compatible with the laptop. Can anyone advise which version of the QuickSet would work with Windows 7 on Dell XPS M1530 ?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,023 posts
Hello mraskin

Did it work before the upgrade?

If yes the problem is most likely caused by the fact that the notebook was originally shipped with Vista and not W7, this is often not a problem as a lot of Vista software and drivers is/are compatible with W7.

See if the reply #2 of natakuc4 at the attached link helps http://en.community....t/19465173.aspx also worth checking if you have not done so already http://www.dell.com/...leid=2731096982
let us know how you get on.

mraskin

mraskin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
thanks allot for the refference. all works fine now

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,023 posts