Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web page not responding/Recovery we page?

• Please log in to reply

Aryan King

Aryan King

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Trying to clean out stuff. Deleted things ,then could not get on internet. Restored system-back on web-but

Problem #1- with a change.Yahoo.com was home page, now ask.com is home page ; & I am unable to make it change-back.

I've gone into the control panel and preformed the function ;deleted ask.com and added Yahoo.com ; clicked apply and when I return to the home page- it is still ask.com.

Problem #2-Opening second window , window does not open or opens but I am unable to move the page or get any response from the page.I get a message -from internet explorer-"other page is not responding" , then another message saying -recover web page. When I click on recover web page , it takes about a minute then I can see the second page???

Apparently I deleted a driver or something that made the system function before , as even the e mail user names in the memory are gone too? Contacted my internet provider for assistance and was directed to someone who didn't speak much English; who could only say that I needed to contact the computer company (ASUS) and get help from them.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
http://download.blee...MiniToolBox.exe

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
Reset Ie proxy Settins
Reset FF proxy settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc
http://download.sysi...es/Autoruns.zip
Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply

As far as the Ask program here is a link that you can read.
http://www.ghacks.ne...w-to-uninstall/

Aryan King

Aryan King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thank you.
Now that the system in back in order; I am unable to use ieSpell,which I was able to use before on the Logitech Wireless Mouse with a right click.I down loaded it again , but when I right click the mouse now- and click ieSpell Options or Check Spelling -I get a message that says -Message from webpage-Exception Raised ! Automation Server can't create object.I searched in the tools like it says on the- ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer says to do,but I don't see the "Customize Toolbar" dialog box to do so. Useing IE on Windows 7.
Any idea what to do next?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Can I see the logs requested please.
Perhaps they will tell me something,minitoolbox has a few error logs that are generated when ran with the settings I suggested.

Aryan King

Aryan King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
No log.Didn't use minitool box.Someone else fixed.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Glad to hear it is resolved. :thumbsup:

Aryan King

Aryan King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
The initial problem was fixed,but the iespell not working seems to be the result.I needed to have the computer fixed ASAP and paid a guy to get it done,but the iespell isn't working now.I've ck everything I know to ck but still can't get it to function.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Sounds to me like you need a refund or post the logs I requested and I will get back to them.
I am about to go fishing so it will be after that. :thumbsup: