Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you sign in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Touchpad Dell Inspiron N5040

• Please log in to reply

Rayver

Rayver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi:

My Dell laptop touchpad is not working in any mode including safe mode. When I login to chooses a profile, the mouse is frozen and will not move. If I boot up into the diagnostics and stop the test, the mouse moves fine. Any ideas?

Similar Topics: Touchpad Dell Inspiron N5040     x

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
Go into your BIOS and check if your touchpad is enable or disable.

or

Press the key FN + F3 to switch on/of the touchpad

Hope that helps

Rayver

Rayver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the response but I tried that already. The function lock key is not releasing the mouse. Any other ideas?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
If it is enable in the BIOs and still not working then it may be due to static, remove the AC plug and remove your battery and press the power button for 30 seconds to release any static in your laptop.

Did you have the latest Dell drivers for the touchpad?
http://www.dell.com/...-15-intel-n5040

If those things do not work maybe it is the internal connection of the touchpad that is loose so if it is still under warranty I would return it to be check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured