Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Touchpad Dell Inspiron N5040

• Please log in to reply

Rayver

Rayver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi:

My Dell laptop touchpad is not working in any mode including safe mode. When I login to chooses a profile, the mouse is frozen and will not move. If I boot up into the diagnostics and stop the test, the mouse moves fine. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Go into your BIOS and check if your touchpad is enable or disable.

or

Press the key FN + F3 to switch on/of the touchpad

Hope that helps

Rayver

Rayver

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the response but I tried that already. The function lock key is not releasing the mouse. Any other ideas?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If it is enable in the BIOs and still not working then it may be due to static, remove the AC plug and remove your battery and press the power button for 30 seconds to release any static in your laptop.

Did you have the latest Dell drivers for the touchpad?
http://www.dell.com/...-15-intel-n5040

If those things do not work maybe it is the internal connection of the touchpad that is loose so if it is still under warranty I would return it to be check.