Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need IP help!

• Please log in to reply

GeekKing12

GeekKing12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My IP is one of the 10.x.x.x and I want to get rid of that I want the 192 like that I am trying to Port Forward to make a server and the 10.x.x.x is [bleep] please help!

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

My IP is one of the 10.x.x.x and I want to get rid of that I want the 192 like that I am trying to Port Forward to make a server and the 10.x.x.x is [bleep] please help!

Hi,

Creating an private internal network with IP range 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x its the same, normally is the router that creates the network and assign the IP's to the clients, not all routers allow you to change the IP assigned to the router. For simplicity the router and the clients must use the same network 10.x or 192.x

GeekKing12

GeekKing12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

Creating an private internal network with IP range 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x its the same, normally is the router that creates the network and assign the IP's to the clients, not all routers allow you to change the IP assigned to the router. For simplicity the router and the clients must use the same network 10.x or 192.x

Well I have solved my problem but thanks!