Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Error

• Please log in to reply

Taco130

Taco130

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hey,

A couple days ago my computer blue screened and it wouldn't start up at all so I re-installed Windows 7 84 bit on my computer. It worked fine for 3 days and then it blue screened again. I don't know what to do. Someone please help me! :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is it giving you a quick blue screen when you try to bootup?

Taco130

Taco130

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I don't think so. It gave me the blue screen every time I started it up. Once it went to the blue screen, it would shut down again and try to start up again and the same thing would happen. So I re-install windows and it worked fine for a few days, but all the sudden it blue screen happen again and shut down. My computer stats up fine right now, but I don't want that to happen again

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep it's in a loop. Lets see if we can make it stop so you can get me more info on the BSOD.

To begin, turn on or restart your PC.

Just before the Windows 7 splash screen shown above appears, or just before your PC automatically restarts, press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.

Important: You do not need to be able to access Windows 7 normally to disable the automatic restart on system failure option via the Advanced Boot Options menu.

[attachment=62126:Advance Boot Menu Win7.jpg]

You should now see the Advanced Boot Options screen shown above.

If your computer automatically restarted or you see a different screen, you may have missed the brief window of opportunity to press F8 in the previous step and Windows 7 is probably now continuing (or attempting) to boot normally.

If this is the case, just restart your computer and try pressing F8 again.

Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, highlight Disable automatic restart on system failure and press Enter.

Taco130

Taco130

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok thanks, I did that

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK now when you bootup if it blue screens again during boot it will stop. I need you to get the info from it. What I need is in the red box underlined. This should tell me pretty close what the cause of the issue is.
[attachment=65253:BSOD.jpg]

Taco130

Taco130

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
It's working now, I'll let you know if it happens again. Thank you so much for helping me.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome. :thumbsup: