Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting no name folder on vista

• Please log in to reply

princysharma1990

princysharma1990

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I created a no name folder using the command Alt+255 and now i want to delete that folder. I had tried many times to either delete or rename that folder but unable to do so.. Can anyone please help me in this matter. :(

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts
Hi,

I did a test with a folder named like yours and I can rename it without any problem so it must be something different...
Try to remove the folder with Unlocker

!! Important !!: During install choose Advanced and unckeck all the boxes related to Delta Toolbar it's not needed for the program to work.

After install right click the folder and you will see a new option called Unlocker click that and then on the combo choose delete and press OK.

princysharma1990

princysharma1990

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
This command really creates a no name folder. What you have to do is, first create new folder and then rename that folder and press Alt+255 and press enter, a folder without a name will be created.
And well, my problem of deleting that folder is fixed now, I deleted that using command prompt. :)